Friday, November 1, 2013

Social Media and Business


       Social media plays a big role in business today.  Within the entertainment industry, social media is being used in different areas of business including radio, film, music, magazines, etc.  Social media is another source of communication from one person or group to the target audience of that group.  Reaching out to consumers is very important to any business.  The more ways possible in reaching a customer, the better possibilities for the business to succeed.


       Social media makes me feel much more connected as a consumer.  Social media allows businesses to easily focus on a certain product that is on discount or just being advertised at the moment.  An example of this that comes to mind is The Cheesecake Factory focusing on a particular menu item and advertising it through a social media network, such as Facebook.  A recent example of this is The Cheesecake Factory posting a photo of their seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake with the caption "Trick or treat? We say: Treat. [Pumpkin Cheesecake]".  This shows consumers that the seasonal dessert is now available at the restaurant.


       Following the businesses I make purchases with on social media sites does make me more of a loyal customer.  Being informed and up to date on information about a business is important because it can lead to sales for that business.  If I am following a particular field of work that interests me, a place of business that I actually make purchases with, the fact that I am making an effort to stay informed with this company makes me a loyal customer.  I follow their tweets, status updates, etc.  I see they have a new product that they are advertising that I take interest in.  I take further action and investigate the item and this leads me to make the purchase.

       I recently came across a new social network that pertains to my interest in the entertainment industry. Connectshot, a social network strictly for people in the field of entertainment.  This means that for actors, musicians, screenwriters, directors, managers, publicists, etc. this social community is a quality way of getting information within the world of entertainment.  Just like any other business dying to advertise products, job opportunities or events, this social network has the same idea, just fully targeted for the entertainment industry.  To list casting calls, red carpet events, job listings in the field, advertise music videos and movie trailers, and to help actors, musicians and authors get started.  This form of social network could be very helpful to a young, up and coming talent.

       Social media is an important and useful aspect of business.  With out social media today in age, businesses would not be the same and they certainly would not be able to communicate with their loyal customers as easily.  Social media is definitely beneficial to businesses in targeting their consumers and spreading the word of the business in a fast and easy way.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/entertainmentnetwork/connectshot/prweb9663853.htm
http://connectshot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment